Carol, from http://extremecards.blogspot.com/ created the original files for this project. She has the DXF and PDF versions available here. My SVG version (posted with Carol’s permission) has layers for scoring, and separate layers for the box and the bow for use with SCAL2. The file can also be used without the solid score lines by hiding the scoring layers before importing into SCAL.
- Score, then cut all of the pieces.
- Fold on the score lines as shown below.
- Insert the tabs into the slots on the opposite side of the box. Open the wings on the tabs to lock them into place.
- Insert the ribbon tabs into the slots on the top of the present and open the wings.
This is how it should look from the top.
And this is how it should look from the bottom.
- Insert the present top tabs into the slots on the present box and open the wings.
- Gently flatten out the present.
- Glue the ribbon tails onto the top of the package, making sure that they are not glued to the sides of the package.
- Put strong adhesive on the large flaps at the bottom of the present and place the edges of the flaps into the card crease. Close the card and press firmly into place.
- Here is how it looks after being glued to the card.
The download is a layered svg for use with SCAL 2.0. This file is for personal use only. Feel free to link to this post, but the file is not to be shared or distributed in any way.
Download the file from here.